The Auxilium Offshore Hyperbaric Deep Diving Simulation System (HDDSS) is a system used for a wide range of activities, which are for example:
- Simulate deep diving in a controlled environment
- Check divers’ mental and physical abilities
- Diver Medical Technician
- Theoretically calculated compression and decompression tables
- Test breathing (life-support) equipment
- Test working techniques required to complete underwater tasks
- Diving equipment training
- Pressure testing of underwater equipment
The HDDSS normally exists of the following main components:
- Vertical installed pressure vessel, named the “wet-pot” (partially filled with water).
- Horizontal installed pressure vessel, connected to the “wet-pot”. This is actually the dry chamber which is used as decompression chamber.