Auxilium Offshore has been asked to perform the design and fabrication of a beach skid.
For a beaching operation the HD3 Plough of VBMS is pulled backwards towards the beach. To support the plough share, a beach skid has been designed and fabricated.
The beach skid exists of the following main specifications:
– Main dimensions: approximately 10m Length x 1.9m Width;
– Weight approximately: 5 tons;
– 1 towing point with a WLL of 90 tons;
– 2 shafts to connect with the plough share;
– Hydraulic system to retract the 2 shafts.